If you are installing a line output converter into a 2014+ Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep / RAM vehicle, and are not getting any sound from the factory head unit or the factory amplifier, follow the attached tech brief. Doing this will provide a load for the radio which will result in the audio outputs working again. Please note that 2018+ year models require a 25 ohm load. This can be achieved by using 2 LR447's per channel and connecting them together in parallel.
Articles in this section
- Generic Radio Steering Wheel Control Connection and Setup
- How to Properly Test Analog Steering Wheel Controls.
- Adding Load Resistors to Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep / RAM Radios
- RP5-GM11 / RP5-GM31 Troubleshooting
- RP4-FD11 No Left Channel Audio
- GM1A Chimes Too Loud
- RP4.2-BM21 Reverse Sensor Chimes Not Working
- RPK4-HD1101 Stuck in Steering Wheel Control Programming
- Using the Steering Wheel Control Web Application
- Steering Wheel Control Wiring Guides