Some users have reported this issue when using the AP4-FD21 in certain Fords. If you use the VR button on the steering wheel to launch a bluetooth call, the call engages, but there is no audio. However, the audio works as expected when initiating the call from the phone or the factory radio. If you are experiencing this issue then you should update your AP4-FD21 with the file attached below. This can be done using the AmpPRO PC application which can be found here:
- If this is the first time using the AmpPROPC Application, run and install “ampproexe”. This will install the PC Application onto the computer. The AmpPRO program will then install the update files from the computer to the interface.
- Open the AmpPRO PC Application using the new shortcut created on your desktop.
- Connect the interface to the computer using a standard to micro USB (cable must be capable of data transfer and not just charge only)
- Click the "Firmware" icon.
- Click “Select File” and browse to the new firmware file. The new firmware can be found where you saved it before beginning.
- Once the file is chosen the update will begin. When successful it will show the text "Update Completed".